SWIMMING POOL STAFF:
JOB TITLE: Pool Maintenance Technician
JOB NO: MT2013
JOB FAMILY: Maintenance/Trades
SAFETY SENSITIVE: No
Job description statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Performs a variety of general and specialized maintenance and repairs on pools and associated facilities.
General supervision is provided by the Athletics/Aquatics Superintendent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. All behaviors comply with the Code of Conduct and Rules of Behavior outlined in Chapter 8 of the General Government Policies and Procedures Manual.
2. Drive to and from destinations as assigned by Supervisor.
3. Tests pool water using a chemical kit to verify the readings on the automatic chemical testing units
4. Adjusts pool water chemical balance as needed by adding chemicals to water, after calculating the proper amounts to be added to the water for proper balancing.
5. Brushes pool walls and floors with pool brush (when water is in the pools).
6. Repairs pool intake and drain valves (when water is in the pools).
7. Cleans pool water sand filters as needed by “back washing”.
8. Maintains four swimming pool facilities including: pumps, filters, and mechanical, construction and electrical maintenance.
9. Performs clean up duties for pool facilities including: vacuuming pools and facilities, chemical treatments of pools, etc.
10. Completes daily chemical usage reports and water quality and maintains reports on repairs and supplies.
11. Able to work a flexible schedule.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Able to assist with maintenance of aquatic facility buildings as necessary.
2. Able to work with the general public in a professional manner at all times.
3. Able to prioritize work related to four swimming pool facilities as needed.
4. Performs other duties as assigned. MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS EDUCATION
High school diploma or GED equivalent. 0R ITI
One year of pool maintenance experience which includes plumbing, electrical, and painting required.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
Possession of a valid driver’s license.
Able to obtain a Certified Pool Operators (CPO) certificate or Aquatic Facilities Operator
(AFO) certificate within 6 months of hire.
An employee’s performance will be evaluated based on five competencies.
1) Job knowledge; 2) Teamwork; 3) Customer Service; 4) Flexibility; 5) Work Ethic
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Uses judgment effectively to ensure that jobs are completed in the most cost-efficient way. Able to meet deadlines as scheduled.
Able to supervise and plan work of others.
Reads and understands blueprints, mechanical and repair manuals. Organizes self and works well independently.
Knows mechanical, electrical, and construction repair techniques.
Is aware of safety hazards and applicable safety precautions required in the use of assigned tools.
Manual labor work with aquatic facilities and equipment. Ability to:
Pass a medical physical examination and drug screen.
Meet the City’s driving standards.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for:
• Pool water analysis
• Pool equipment gauge readings
• Proper pool facility-related record keeping
Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities, which may include the following:
• Operating under harsh weather conditions.
• Operating in a potentially wet work environment.
• Able to lift 25 KG without assistance.
Director of Human Resources Date
Department Director Date
DATE ISSUED: FEB 2013
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Thank you for the beautiful pool! We love it. Anurag, you were a great man to work with. Thanks for your patience with excited impatient customers. The pool was well worth the short wait. Best of luck to you in installing thousands more. We would recommend you to anyone.— Amith Agarwal